Friday, April 23, 2010

Web Design Resource Roundup #8

 

YUI Theater “High Performance JavaScript”

YUI Theater — Nicholas Zakas, Stoyan Stefanov, Ross Harmes, Julien Lecomte, Matt Sweeney: “High Performance JavaScript” (92 min.)

JSConf 2010 :  Video Interviews with Top JavaScript Developers

While at JSConf 2010, I was able to interview some great developers who are really making an impact on client-side development. I’ve posted the video interviews below and I hope you like them. I want to thank all of my guests for taking the time to speak with me and share some great insights into what they’re working on


The future of wireframes?

I have a love hate relationship with wireframes. In the last 10 years they’ve been a part of every web project I’ve worked on. There have been times when I can’t imagine how we would have solved a particular problem without them. Yet there are also times when I’ve been completely exasperated at the amount of time and energy they’ve consumed, seemingly to very little reward.
       

Seven JavaScript Things I Wish I Knew Much Earlier In My Career

I’ve been writing JavaScript code for much longer than I care to remember. I am very excited about the language’s recent success; it’s good to be a part of that success story. I’ve written dozens of articles, book chapters and one full book on the matter, and yet I keep finding new things. Here are some of the “aha!” moments I’ve had in the past, which you can try out rather than waiting for them to come to you by chance.

Five Tips For Making Ideas Happen

Creative types have a problem. We have so many great ideas, but most of them never see the light of day. Why do most ideas never happen? The reason is that our own creative habits get in the way. For example, our tendency to generate new ideas often gets in the way of executing the ones we have. As a result, we abandon many projects halfway through. Whether a personal website, a new business idea or a long-dreamt novel, most of these projects stagnate and become a source of frustration.

Using CSS instead of images when coding your web design

As an Interface Developer, it has always been a challenge to make the designers’ dreams come true, especially when it comes to shadows, gradients and various level of transparency. Slicing images till no end, trying to make it look good. Nowadays, though, a nice alternative is to do it with CSS.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

JavaScript String lastIndexOf OnTwik